Many individuals may wonder, “What can I do with a Health Science Degree?” Professionals who possess a Health Science Degree work in an array of areas, from hospitals to pharmacies to college universities, and the potential occupations that are available to them are countless in number. Aside from abundant career opportunities, professionals in this field can also expect to earn lucrative salaries ranging from $50,000 to $90,000 or more per year.
It is through Health Science Degree programs that individuals acquire the advanced skills in healthcare, body systems, epidemiology, health laws, and ethics that are essential to their career and earning potentials. Provided below is a descriptive overview of two of the top schools that offer exceptional Health Science Degree programs.
Nova Southeastern University: Nova Southeastern University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. This school offers an online Bachelor of Health Science Degree program to students who seek quality, flexible opportunities for their educational advancements. The tuition cost for this program is $250 per semester credit hour.
2. Stony Brook University: Stony Brook University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is ranked as one of the best universities in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. A Bachelor of Science in Health Science Degree program is offered that consists of four to five years of study. For residents of New York, the tuition cost for this program is $5,570 per year. For non-residents, the tuition cost for this program is $16,190 per year.
Possible Health Science Degree Careers
There are many sectors of the healthcare industry that offer qualified individuals outstanding careers in health science. These sectors include the medical, pharmaceutical, environmental, mental health, and dental industries to name a few. Provided below is a detailed overview of a few of the best health science job opportunities that exist within each of those sectors.
1. Medical Industry: Individuals who possess a Health Science Degree can work as radiology technicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, dieticians, medical billers, and medical technicians. Salaries in these occupations range from $40,000 to $80,000 per year.
2. Pharmaceutical Industry: Professionals who earn a Health Science Degree can work as pharmaceutical researchers, pharmaceutical sales representatives, and pharmacy technicians. Salaries in these occupations range from $25,000 to $100,000 per year.
3. Environmental Industry: Health Science Degree Careers in the environmental industry include environmental scientists, environmental researchers, hydrologists, and community educators. Salaries in these fields range from $40,000 to $80,000 or more per year.
4. Mental Health Industry: Individuals who possess a Health Science Degree can work as counselors, social workers, wellness program coordinators, and therapists. Salaries in the mental health industry range from $40,000 to $70,000 per year.
5. Dental Industry: Dental industry jobs include dental hygienists, dental assistants, patient care coordinators, and researchers. Salaries in the dental industry range from $30,000 to $80,000 per year.
While each of the professional opportunities described above is within a different healthcare sector, all of them represent some of the top Health Science Degree careers available today.