There are numerous Health Science Degree jobs available to educated individuals who possess skills and interests in the areas of patient care, human anatomy, research, and the sciences. These career opportunities prevail in hospitals, medical facilities, research centers, and schools all around the World. On average, salaries in these professions range between $30,000 and $90,000 or more per year, and individuals who possess them must usually obtain at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field.
Fortunately, for those interested in Health Science Degree Jobs, there are many top schools that offer Health Science Degree programs, both through traditional classroom settings and through top online Health Science degree programs. A few of the best programs available are described below:
Kaplan University: Kaplan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and it is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. This school is ranked as one of the best online health sciences schools by U.S. News and World Report. A Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science Degree program is offered and it consists of 180 credit hours of study. The tuition cost for this program is $371 per credit hour.
Boston University: Boston University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition, this school is ranked as one of the top health sciences schools by U.S. News and World Reports. A Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science Degree program is offered and it consists of four years of study. The tuition cost for this program is $42,400 per year.
University of Miami: The University of Miami is accredited by both the Higher Learning Commission and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. A Bachelor’s of Science in Health Science Degree program is offered. One highlight of this program is that students are offered opportunities to study internationally in Chile, Haiti, Mexico, and Spain. The tuition cost for this program is $19,990 per year.
Popular Health Science Degree Jobs
There is no doubt that as the world’s elderly population continues to increase, so too does the availability of health science jobs for educated professionals. Provided below is a detailed list of some of the most common health science occupations that exist today.
1. Medical Assistants: Medical Assistants work in hospitals and private clinics. Their main role is to assist doctors by acquiring a patients’ vital signs and scheduling patients’ appointments. On average, these professionals earn between $25,000 and $30,000 per year.
2. Medical Technicians: Medical Technicians work in hospitals, private clinics, and insurance agencies. Their main roles include overseeing patient documentation and billing procedures. These professionals earn an average of $50,000 or more per year.
3. Hospital Admitting Clerks: Hospital Admitting Clerks are in charge of all responsibilities related to patient admission procedures in a hospital. These individuals earn an average salary of $36,000 per year.
4. Radiologic Technicians: Radiologic Technicians perform diagnostic imaging examinations on patients in hospitals. These professionals earn an average salary of $67,297 per year.
5. Hospital Managers: Hospital Managers oversee the employment, patient care, and financial components of a hospital. On average, Hospital Managers earn $84,270 per year.
Each of the Health Science Degree jobs mentioned above provides its professionals with outstanding salaries and stable occupations that will continue to grow and advance up to 40% for many years to come.